Equestrian Facilities Manager
Job Description & Person Specification
We are looking for a Facilities Manager to both oversee and work alongside the facilities team at our busy equestrian centre on the Hampshire/Berkshire border. If you are a natural team leader with proven experience within a similar role, confident and organised, able to multitask and prioritise with a practical problem solving background we would like to hear from you.
This is a perfect role for someone who would like to take ownership of their own department, working in a versatile and diverse setting. You must enjoy communicating, working with and managing other as well as have the ability to work alone. We are looking for a self-starter, motivated and able to get straight on in this often busy and pressured role. Flexibility and thinking as you go are two of the most important traits in an environment that is forever changing.
Areas of Responsibility:
Reporting directly to the General Manager
- Keeping the General Manager informed of any issues that may arise relating to all aspects of the role.
- Attend weekly management meetings.
- Management and supervision of team of full time facilities and maintenance assistants.
- Control of expenditure including authorisation of maintenance invoices.
- Ensuring efficient time management & planning of the team’s day.
- Managing team rotas and ensuring sufficient cover 7 days a week.
- Maintenance schedule for all vehicles and contracts.
- Working in conjunction the Shows Team to organise the preparation of facilities & set up of arenas for shows & events.
- Communication & liaison with other departments to ensure good practice.
- Routine and regular repair & maintenance duties to include preparation and facilitation of Task Worksheet on daily, weekly, monthly & annual basis.
- Ensuring carparks, public & storage areas are kept tidy and in good order.
- Management of grazing land.
- Maintaining fencing in paddocks and arenas.
- Maintaining the arenas & public areas with regard to health & safety at all time.
- Control and storage of equipment.
- Control and delivery of supplies within the business.
- Liaison with outside contractors with regard to deliveries & supplies.
- Dealing with all clients in a professional manner.
- Solving problems and challenging issues whilst ensuring a successful outcome for all concerned.
- Undertaking groundworks for Horse Trials
- Site Manager during Horse Trials
Qualifications & Skills needed:
- Weekend working on rota system
- Clean, full, driving licence (must be over 21 years to drive company vehicles)
- Tractor driving experience
- General maintenance skills
- Knowledge of equipment maintenance
- Pasture Management experience
- Digger Driver
- Knowledge of fencing (Equestrian)
- Experience of strimmers & ground maintenance equipment
- Landscaping knowledge
- Administration skills, maintaining safety records
- Manual handling will be part of this role
- DBS certification or the willingness to obtain certification is essential.
Other Important Information:
Working hours – 45 hours per week, days off to be agreed but regular weekend working will be required.
Holidays – 28 days to include statutory holidays. Due to the needs of the business these days are considered to be working days so an alternative day will be given as holiday.
Salary: Package up to £30,000 pa dependent on previous experience and individual suitability for the position.
Please apply by email including your CV and references to: