Full Time Chef
Job Description & Person Specification
If you are a confident, organised and efficient multi-tasker who is looking for a challenge we would like to hear from you. We are looking for a full time 2nd Chef to work within our cafe and catering team at our busy equestrian centre on the Hampshire/Berkshire border.
Our full service cafe offers a hot and cold menu, coffees and cake through out the day 7 days a week. Hosting an array of events with different catering packages we are a varied and versatile site and require a 2nd Chef to reflect that.
Reporting to: Head Chef
Qualifications & Skills needed:
- Understanding and knowledge of a working commercial kitchen
- Ability to work alone
- Preparation of all aspects of the menu
- delivery in a time pressured environment
- Time management & planning of your day & working with other staff members
- Administration skills
- Enhanced CRB certification or the willingness to obtain certification is essential.
- The position requires commitment, focus and reliability
- You must be flexible with regards to duties and hours
- Attention to detail and pride in your job
- Sound communication skills
- Ability to work by yourself and with others
- Ability to prioritise work and multi-task as necessary
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Keeping line manager informed of any issues that may arise relating to all aspects of the role.
- You will be a driver with your own transportation (due to hours and distance from public transport networks).
- Ensuring all processes and procedures are completed according to the necessary deadlines and are followed through efficiently.
- Dealing with clients in a professional manner at all times
Other Important Information:
Working hours – Set regular working hours either early or lates, normal business hours 8.30 – 6pm. Flexibility required as some later evenings roughly twice a month for events and catering. Days off to be agreed and will be as regular as possible but regular weekend working will be required.
Holidays – 28 days to include statutory holidays. Due to the needs of the business these days are considered to be working days so an alternative day will be given as holiday.
Salary: Package dependent on previous experience and individual suitability for the position.
Please apply by email including your CV and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org