Grounds Maintenance Assistant
Job Description & Person Specification
If you are a confident, organised and efficient multi-tasker who is looking for a challenge we would like to hear from you. We are looking for a Facilities Assistant to work within the facilities team at our busy equestrian centre on the Hampshire/Berkshire border.
This is a perfect role for someone who would like to take ownership of their own role, in conjunction with the facilities and shows teams organise their own day, yet enjoy communicating and working with others when applicable. Full training for all aspects of the role will be given. We are looking for a self starter, willing and keen to learn, though experience is desirable full training in all aspects of the role will be given.
Reporting to: Facilities Manager
Areas of Responsibility to include
- Set up and preparation of arenas for shows & events
- Assist show team on show days, events & facility hires
- Ensuring carparks, public & storage areas are kept tidy and in good order
- Assist in maintaining the arenas & public areas with regard to health & safety at all times
- Assist in preparation of grounds and landscapes
- Routine and regular repair & maintenance duties
- Assist in the control and storage of equipment
- Assist in the control and delivery of supplies within the business
- Liaison with outside contractors with regard to deliveries & supplies
Qualifications & Skills needed:
- Clean, full, driving licence (must be over 21 years to drive company vehicles)
- Some tractor driving experience
- Some knowledge of fencing
- Basic experience of strimmers & ground maintenance equipment
- Basic general maintenance skills
- Basic knowledge of equipment maintenance
- Time management & planning of your day & working with other staff members
- Administration skills, maintaining safety records
- Manual handling will be part of this role
- Enhanced CRB certification or the willingness to obtain certification is essential.
- Some experience working within a similar position
- The position requires commitment, focus and reliability
- You must be flexible with regards to duties and hours
- Attention to detail and pride in your job
- Sound communication skills
- Ability to work by yourself and with others
- Ability to prioritise work and multi-task as necessary
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Keeping line manager informed of any issues that may arise relating to all aspects of the role.
- You will be a driver with your own transportation (due to hours and distance from public transport networks).
- Ensuring all processes and procedures are completed according to the necessary deadlines and are followed through efficiently.
- Dealing with clients in a professional manner at all times
Other Important Information:
Working hours – 45 hours per week, days off to be agreed but regular weekend working will be required.
Holidays – 28 days to include statutory holidays. Due to the needs of the business these days are considered to be working days so an alternative day will be given as holiday.
Salary: 17k – 18k
Please apply by email including your CV and references to: email@example.com