If you are a confident, organised and efficient multi-tasker with great people skills we would like to hear from you. We are looking for a Café Assistant to work within the Club House at our busy equestrian centre on the Hampshire/Berkshire border.
Reporting to: Café Team Leader
Hours of Work: Hours will vary according to the catering rota and may vary according to events schedule.
Overall Objective: To perform a variety of duties in the Kitchen/Café to ensure an excellent customer experience. To follow carefully all COVID procedures in place.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Positively promote and protect the reputation of Wellington Riding at all times.
- Project a professional image to all internal and external customers ensuring correct grooming, and maintaining the dress code as per the uniform policy.
- Assist the Café Team Leader and Supervisor to maximise sales by dealing with customer enquiries in a timely and efficient way.
- Take customer orders
- Make coffee/tea using specialist equipment provided.
- Keep service counters and food cabinets clean, tidy and fully stocked.
- Inform Café Team Leader or Supervisor of low stock levels.
- Clear and Clean tables
- Use the dishwasher and wash up as necessary.
- Ensure the food & drinks are served to the correct temperature and portion size.
- Clean relevant service, preparation and storage areas using correct chemicals where appropriate and sign cleaning schedules as necessary. Must be completed at the end of every day.
- All refuse to be removed from the Kitchen/Café and put into the correct refuse bins.
- Ensure that correct closedown procedure is followed ie. Everything is left clean, tidy and secure, ready for the next days’ trade.
Health and Safety
• Ensure all accidents and recorded in the relevant accident books.
• Use the correct handling and lifting procedures as outlined in the H&S Manual.
• To support safe working practices and observe the Employers Health & Safety Policy in all procedures and methods.
• Ensure all tasks are carried out in accordance with the café’s health, hygiene, quality and safety standards.
• Serve all food from the counter using correct tools and presentation techniques
• Should be personable to deal with customer queries and requests.
• Promote customer care through all actions and behaviours.
• To co-operate with all staff
• To support safe working practices and observe the Employer’s Health & Safety policy.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FORPerson Specification
• Friendly & approachable attitude.
• The position requires commitment, focus and reliability.
• You must be flexible with regards to duties and hours.
• Attention to detail and pride in your job
• Sound communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task as necessary & work in a busy environment.
• Dealing with all clients in a professional manner.
Other Important Information:
Holidays – 28 days to include statutory holidays. Due to the needs of the business these days are considered to be working days so an alternative day will be given as holiday.
Please apply by email including your CV and references to: email@example.com