Full Time Chef
Job Description & Person Specification
If you are a confident, organised and efficient multi-tasker who is looking for a challenge we would like to hear from you. We are looking for a full time Chef to work within our cafe and catering team at our busy equestrian centre on the Hampshire/Berkshire border.
Our full service cafe offers a hot and cold menu, coffees and cake throughout the day, 7 days a week. Hosting an array of events with different catering packages we are a varied and versatile site and require a Chef to reflect that.
Reporting to: General Manager
Qualifications & Skills needed:
- To positively promote and protect the reputation of Wellington Riding at all times.
- Ensuring all processes and procedures are completed according to the necessary deadlines and are followed through efficiently.
- Dealing with clients in a professional manner at all times
- To provide food of the highest quality to meet the expectations of customers & staff.
- To maximise sales by consistently producing the same quality of product to the required specifications.
- You will promote at all times an atmosphere and culture of excellence in customer care, product presentation and product development.
- To lead on all Kitchen health, safety and food hygiene matters.
- With the help of your team maintain high standards of presentation, hygiene and productivity & undertake cleaning in line with the schedule.
- You will assist the Catering Supervisors with staff training, administrative and operational duties and liaison with client catering requirements.
- To maximise sales by dealing with customer enquiries in a timely and efficient way.
- To assist the General Manager in producing suitable menus within permitted margins for customers.
- To support the implementation of the marketing plan.
- To develop and grow the income and profitability of the Cafe working with all the other departments of Wellington Riding.
- In addition you will support safe working practices and observe the Employer’s Health and Safety policy.
- The position requires commitment, focus and reliability
- You must be flexible with regards to duties and hours
- Attention to detail and pride in your job
- Sound communication skills
- Ability to work by yourself and with others
- Ability to prioritise work and multi-task as necessary
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Keeping line manager informed of any issues that may arise relating to all aspects of the role.
- You will be a driver with your own transportation (due to hours and distance from public transport networks).
Other Important Information:
Working hours – 5 day week with regular working hours either early or lates, normal business hours 8.30 – 6.00pm. Flexibility required as some later evenings according to the events schedule. Days off to be agreed by rota with the other chef and will be as regular as possible but regular weekend working will be required.
Holidays – 28 days to include statutory holidays. Due to the needs of the business these days are considered to be working days so an alternative day will be given as holiday.
Salary: Package includes:
- Annual Salary £27,000
- Statutory Pension contribution
- 50% discount in Wellington Riding Café
- Staff discount in equine retail shop, currently trade plus VAT plus carriage
- Stratfield Saye Estates discount scheme after probationary period
Please apply by email including your CV and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org