Job Description & Person Specification
If you are a confident, organised and efficient multi-tasker who is looking for a challenge we would like to hear from you. We are looking for a Facilities Assistant to work within our facilities team at our busy equestrian centre on the Hampshire/Berkshire border.
This is a perfect role for someone who like to take ownership of their own function, in conjunction with the facilities team organise their own day, yet enjoy communicating and working with others when applicable.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Preparation of grounds and landscapes
- Routine and regular repair & maintenance duties
- Ensuring carparks, public & storage areas are kept tidy and in good order
- Maintaining the arenas & public areas with regard to health & safety at all times
- Preparation of arenas for shows & events
- Assist show team on show days, events & facility hires
- Control and storage of equipment
- Control and delivery of supplies within the business
- Liaison with outside contractors with regard to deliveries & supplies
Qualifications & Skills needed:
- Clean, full, driving licence (must be over 25 years to drive company vehicles)
- Tractor driving experience
- Digger driver licence (preferable)
- Knowledge of fencing
- Knowledge & experience of strimmers & ground maintenance equipment
- Basic general maintenance skills
- Basic knowledge of equipment maintenance
- Experience of equestrian fence building
- Time management & planning of your day & working with other staff members
- Administration skills, maintaining safety records
- Manual handling will be part of this role
- Enhanced CRB certification or the willingness to obtain certification is essential.
- Proven track record of working within a similar position
- The position requires commitment, focus and reliability
- You must be flexible with regards to duties and hours
- Attention to detail and pride in your job
- Sound communication skills
- Ability to work by yourself and with others
- Ability to prioritise work and multi-task as necessary
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Keeping line manager informed of any issues that may arise relating to all aspects of the role
- You will be a driver with your own transportation (due to hours and distance from public transport networks)
- Ensuring all processes and procedures are completed according to the necessary deadlines and are followed through efficiently
- Dealing with clients in a professional manner at all times
Other Important Information:
Working hours – 45 hours per week, days off to be agreed but regular weekend working will be required.
Holidays – 28 days to include statutory holidays. Due to the needs of the business these days are considered to be working days so an alternative day will be given as holiday.
Salary: Package dependent on previous experience and individual suitability for the position.